Through this last week, I was able to receive a couple replies from missionaries that I have already written. It was an exciting thing to come home to. I got a reply from Jarinn, Alex, and Gubeli. Those three I had written purposefully. The fourth one is a guy named Sean, he had gotten my letter from the random letters I sent out to the MTC.
Jarinn is my cousin, so I already knew that he would write me back. His letter was amazing. It amazes me with how much missionaries are able to write. Jarinn even drew me a beautiful picture of himself to keep a smile on my face. I love this boy and I miss him like crazy! But he won't know that I miss him, because I don't want to be a distraction to the wonderful work he is doing.
Alex was one of the first missionaries I wrote randomly. His reply was short, but it has helped with preparing myself. Although it's going to take me a little bit longer to write him back, for he gave me something to read. It was a talk by Elder Bednar, 'Becoming a Missionary.' Before I can write him back I need to read it so that there can be a little bit of a conversation about it.
Gubeli was one of the nineteen missionaries that started this whole Missionary Writer thing. He wrote back, thanking for all the letters that he had received. I am hoping that the more, him and I write the more interesting and helpful his letters will turn out to be.
Sean, his letter was definitely the longest letter of them all and probably my favorite letter of all time, (so far), his letter was welcoming and very helpful. He is still in the MTC, but that just means that I will be able to write for his whole mission and be able to learn as he learns. This is going to be an amazing experience. He has told me that I am more than welcome to continue to write him, which I'm hoping is going to last for the two full years.
I do not know if I will be able to write the random missionary this week, because I have already written back four missionaries. I will definitely do a random missionary next week, if I don't have any replies by then.
No comments:
Post a Comment