The letters are not as heavily coming in as they were before, they still come in. They come in as they please, each missionary writing when they have the time to write back to me. It's interesting to see who writes back the quickest and the other ones that take a while to respond. I understand the time span with each, some are farther away so it takes a long to send and receive, while others are busy with the day to day deeds of missionary work. I hope that writing me back is not a pressure in their life, I hope it is only a beckon of light that will be able to help them move along the path that they have nobly decided to go on.
Missionary work is probably the hardest, but best, thing to do at this time in life. Dropping everything they know for two years, to serve our wonderful Lord. They go to a place they don't know much about, probably a place that is way out of their comfort zone. Being able to do that and to do it with a smile on their face is a courageous act. They are amazing young men and young women.
With each letter I receive I smile. Knowing that they are letters from wonderful people, doing the work the Lord has asked them to do. They are putting themselves out there for the world to see who they are and what they stand for. I have great gratitude, appreciation, and respect for those men and women out there in the mission field.
I have written over 57 missionaries, not everyone has written back, but that's okay. I have had amazing times reading the different letters from the many people that have written back already. I do not know these missionaries personally, other than three of them, but I have a real and strong love for them. They are my brothers and sisters in the gospel and my hand of hope, love, and gratitude surely reaches out for them.
Without the missionaries in this world, the Word of God wouldn't be able to spread to all ends of the world. This is a wonderful gospel and it needs to be known by everyone, so they can experience the happiness it can bring to their life.
Here is my testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is a wonderful church, it has wonderful people in it and most importantly it is true. It is the one and only true church on the earth, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are two amazing beings that are here to help us along the way of this crazy and painful world. They haven't left us alone here on the world, even though at times it may feel like it. Jesus Christ is our brother and we are able to become like him and Heavenly Father, if we do as they ask and do everything to the best of our abilities. We have the right and to repent of the many sins of the world and become like Him. Without this Gospel on this planet we would all be doomed to the sins and hatred of this incredible world.
Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father have the power to do anything you can think of and more! All you have to do is believe in Them and trust that they are there for you. Through thick and thin! They love you more than anyone else in the world. And they are the ones that know you better than you even know yourself. Trust in the Lord and He will be there for you!
I am not afraid to talk about the gospel I believe in, because I know that it is true!
No comments:
Post a Comment