The idea of becoming a Missionary Writer started out at Girls Camp of 2011. There was about two hours of free time for each day that we were up at camp. They had plenty of crafts to do, a pamper area, and then a missionary stand. At first the thought of writing a missionary I didn't know, didn't sound like a good idea. I thought it would be a little weird writing someone that I didn't know at all.
Till I thought about it a little bit more...
Those missionaries, nineteen in my stake, gave up two years of their lives for the Lord and the least I can do is write them a letter to thank them for the work they are doing. By writing them a letter, you are helping the work of the Lord be spread. Without those missionaries out in the field, preaching the word of God to the world, the gospel wouldn't be able to spread.
So the next time we had the free time, I sat at the missionary station and I wrote every single missionary that was in my stake. It took a while to write all nineteen missionaries, my wrist was sore by the end of it, but it was well worth it.
Now I do not know if they are going to respond to my letters or not, but it would be an amazing experience to be able to get to know these missionaries and learn about what they are doing on their mission. I am looking forward to the missionaries I will continue to write in the future and the letters that I get in return.
No comments:
Post a Comment